Do you love to sing? Do you ever pick out a song and not know where to start or how to develop a character?
Then Breaking Down the Song is the class for you. Explore a variety of methods that professional actors use when acting through song. Discover how to learn more about your character through the lyrics, relate the song to your own life, play improv games to keep the material fresh and fun, and think outside of the box when it comes to acting a song. Explore a wide range of acting techniques to help bring your songs to the next level all while having fun and singing your favorite tunes.
At the end of our classes, we will perform the songs we have been working on and celebrate our new skills.
By breaking down his writing and analyzing it together, we will learn how to fully bring his words to life. When we have a complete understanding of what he was saying, performing his plays and poems in front of an audience becomes a whole lot easier and so much more fun!
So come "Be Our Guest" and enjoy Belle's Enchanted Tales.
Suitable for ages 8-15
Why You'll Love This Experience
Learning how to comprehend songs
Meet the Artist
Hello there! My name is Jillian and I am a graduate of The Hartt School's BFA musical theatre program. I am originally from sunny south Florida but moved to the cold northeast to pursue my passion for the arts.
While I was in school I completed intensive acting, singing, and dancing classes that helped me to explore a wide variety methods and techniques in each area. I also got to perform in productions such as Sweet Charity and Chess. In addition to being in productions at school, I performed in professional companies as well. One of my favorites was being a singer/actor at Six Flags New England for summer and fall 2019. I loved interacting with guests, being a part of a new show, and of course, dancing and singing with my Looney Tune friends.
Outside of school, I have had the opportunity to teach kids in various capacities. I taught hebrew school every Sunday in Connecticut, and have worked at two camps in which I taught theatre. I love to share my passion for the arts with each and every child. It is very rewarding to watch them grow in confidence and creativity. It is my hope to enrich the lives of others through the arts as they are a great form of expression and fun way to let your unique creativity come out.
I am very excited to be a part of Tiny Broadway and create a positive impact on the lives of future artists.Contact Artist
What You'll Need
- Computer, tablet or smartphone with a stable internet connection. Video and sound on.
- This play-date includes a singing performance piece by your kids!
- Playdate 1: printed out the lyrics to Pulled from The Addams Family, pencil and eraser
- Playdate 2: Printed out worksheet, pencil and eraser, printed out lyrics of choice song, karaoke track (there are free tracks on YouTube), speaker or device that plays music
- Playdate 3: Printed out worksheet, pencil and eraser, printed out lyrics of choice song, karaoke track (there are free tracks on YouTube), speaker or device that plays music
- Playdate 4: Printed out worksheet, pencil and eraser, printed out lyrics of choice song, karaoke track (there are free tracks on YouTube), speaker or device that plays music
Join a video call
Parents: Download Zoom for free on a desktop or mobile device. After you book a play-date, you’ll receive an email with a link and details on how your kid can join.
Want to book this play-date for a Birthday Party?
Contact us at email@example.com
Things to keep in mind
Always communicate through Tiny Broadway only. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside the Tiny Broadway website or app.